An English oak timber, one of several items ‘displayed’ in one of the East Wing’s fireplaces. It was part of the original School building of 1541, removed during a renovation project in 1975. With traces of sapwood, it would appear to have been cut from a branch and not from a main trunk. Having forty annular rings, it may have been from an established tree, growing at the time Henry VIII came to the throne.
Posted by Berkhamsted Admin on 08 Nov 2023
Modified by Berkhamsted Admin on 10 Nov 2023
There aren't any comments for this article - be the first!